Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Transfer Day - New Companion

Elder Twingstrom was transferred today
   
  Hello Everyone! I am here for another transfer which is great! I am so happy to stay here, I love the people so much! My companion Elder Twingstrom was transferred which was a little hard! He was such a great Elder, we became really great friends and am definitely going to miss him!

New companion - Elder Workman from Smithfield, Utah!
     My new companion is Elder Workman from Smithfield Utah! He seems like a great kid, this is going to be a wonderful transfer! We both went to Utah State the same semesters and he worked at Firehouse Pizza where I always picked up dinner for work which is funny!



      This past week has been great! Its amazing to stop and think of the tender mercies of the Lord in our lives! On Wednesday we had a really great experience - we got to feed the homeless! I have always wanted to do this so I was so excited. We met down at the firestation down town and started setting the table. When we got there, the seating wasn’t very full but as we went out to start serving the room was full. It was sad to see young kids growing up without a home and elderly woman who should be enjoying retirement.  I was humbled as I looked at the food and thought of how hungry I was from the day, and then I look into the faces of these people who have been waiting all day for a meal.  How blessed I am!  I left with such a strong spirit of gratitude for all we have been blessed with! This life has been so good to me and I am so grateful for every second that I have to enjoy it! 
  On Saturday we were praying where we should go tracting and we really felt that we needed to go to a certain part of the road. As we tracted the last house at the end of the road I was bummed by the fact that we didn’t find the person that the Lord had sent us there to teach. On the way back down the road on our bikes, we passed this little road that didn’t look like someone lived down but we decided to ride down it anyways. As we got the the driveway of the house we noticed a man pushing hay in a wheelbarrow down in the field. So we got off our bikes and headed to talk to him. When we approached him he said he already believed in God but as we talked he began to open up. He began to get emotional about losing a son to a drug addiction and wanted to know what he could do to help his broken family. The Spirit was so strong!  I have never felt the Love of God for someone so strong.  I knew that our Father in Heaven knows each and everyone of us, literally as his children. And I knew that our Heavenly Father wanted him to know that He loves him. It was a great experience. That same day Elder Kearon of the Seventy and President Clayton of the Seventy came and spoke to our mission.  It was one of the most spiritaul meetings of my life. You could tell the second that they entered the room that they were men of God. That night Elder Kearon came and spoke to recent converts to the church and investigators!  It was such a great meeting! I loved it! Gerald and Lucy came, and so did Alfred. We all sat together and enjoyed the spirit of the meeting.  Elder Kearon asked Investigators to stand if they wanted to explain what the Spirit feels like.  There had to have been at least 400 people there and Lucy stood up! It was inspiring to watch the Spirit work in her. She said “It felt like I was at home. Nothing was missing anymore.” The room was filled with the Spirit as she spoke. 
     It's just amazing to see people and how the Book of Mormon brings a light in their life. Last night we had dinner with Katie Best’s sister which was crazy! Such a small world and such a great family. Well everyone I love you! I hope that all is well and that we can all count our many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment