Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hello Sun!

     Hello Everyone! I have only a short time to write today because of the Holiday mix up! WE HAD THREE SUNNY DAYS IN A ROW THIS WEEK!  It was honestly amazing! It was beautiful here, it felt like home! Sunny days here are just beautiful.  It was such a blessing! 

Love Confetti Cupcakes!
Valentine's care package!
     This past week has been a lot of hard work! Thanks for all of the Valentines cards and letters and gifts! I love you all! I got 12 of my favorite cupcakes sent from the best place in town, Confetti Cupcakes. I wish I could send you all one! They are to die for, great start to the week! On Valentines day, Alfred was on the list to have us over for dinner! 
My good friend Alfred!

     He is the man I have talked about before, he is from Uganda! He has become one of my best friends in the whole world! He is truly a man of God and someone that I will miss dearly. He has a son back in Uganda that lives with his parents.  He is turning 18 in a little while and is saving to have him move here to attend BYU.  He is renting out his bed room in his apartment and sleeping in the living room to save money on rent! He says that all he wants is for his son to have a good life and to save up money to go back to Uganda and help those in need. He truly does nothing for himself, it's always  for everyone else! 
     On Valentines day he made us a traditional African meal! It was amazing.  Down side of the week…elder Workman got bit by a dog!  On the way back to the car we couldn’t think of anything else that could go wrong that day! Just one of those days. 
     All of our investigators are doing well.  Rob had to start his jail sentence last night. That was really hard to see him go.  He had to serve time for a fight that happened awhile back.  He was sad to have to go but they let him take his Book of Mormon!  I can't wait until he gets out so he can continue to progress in the gospel! The Atonement is amazing isn't it?  No matter what we do Christ will always have his hand stretched out to fulfill the laws of justice for us.  He will never turn his back on us even when we turn ours on him! 
     This week we went with Ray to look at one of the rivers in our ward that he is thinking about getting baptized in! He is moving so much closer to the gospel (Ray is the one that has been learning about the church for a little over two years).  Ray is one of the most amazing men that I have ever met!  He helped us feed the homeless a few weeks back and has asked if he can take over the responsibility for the next few months! He's a good man. Well I've gotta go! I love you all and have an amazing week! Smile for me!  Love, Elder Aiken.

No comments:

Post a Comment