Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bad week to get sick!




      Good Morning Everyone! Can you believe that it is March already (though you wouldn't know that by the snow here!) Time is flying by!  We have transfers again already next week!  


Very dehydrated - needed an IV for fluids!



     This week has had nothing new - just been sick! But I am getting much better! I was sick with a bad cold and ended up having to go to the Urgent Care on Sunday because I was dehydrated and I couldn’t really speak clearly.  EVERYTHING is great now and I am feeling 100 percent.  In the hospital it was amazing, I felt as though my family was standing in the room around me praying for me as they began to run tests. And as we left the hospital I felt that I wasn’t alone.  The Lord is trying to teach me patience! Haha there is nothing worse for me than to have to sit inside all day. 
    I love you all and hope you have a great week!  I will have a much better blog post next week!  Love, Elder Aiken.



(Letter from Elder Workman)


This week has been really interesting/crazy/intense.  Yesterday was zone conference so that's why our P-day is today.  But lets see... first we'll start with the beginning of last week.  So tuesday was a big snow storm, (I guess that's what I get for telling you we had no good storms).  We were out giving this non member a blessing when it hit.. and we got a message telling all the missionaries to go home and park their cars.  So at about 7 we started heading home.. unfortunately the lady lived pretty much on the top of the mountain and so going home as slow as possble down a steep hill didn't help much.  We ended up sliding off the road and right into a ditch.  No damage done to the car or us, but we were completely stuck.  So we called the zone leaders and they had their bishop come tow us out in his brand new four runner after about an hour wait.  (We ended up helping this guy put chains on his tires who was coming up the hill so it was cool).  THEN on Thursday Elder Aiken got sick with a cold/flue, but being the hard worker he is refused to take a day off and so we ended up tracting and riding bikes up these huge hills in the snow.  (my bike being a borrowed one from the ward).  Friday was a major sickness rebound and so we took it kind of easy.. still went to a few appointments.  Elder Aiken slept a lot of the day while I hounded down the zicam so I wouldn't get sick.  Then Saturday was a pretty mellow day too.  I pretty much had to make him stay in and convince him that even missionaries get sick.




But to top off the week, sunday was by far the craziest (and don't mention this to his Mom because he wants to wait to tell her)
He was feeling pretty woozy at church and couldn't focus all 6 hours.  So after church on our way back to the apartment he had this pressure come to the back of his neck and his whole body go tingelly.  He had some slurred speach going on and so we got to the apartment and I started making calls to try and find out where the emergency room was.  Finally I got a hold of a ward member who went with us to the urgent care.  Right when we get there they take him back in a wheel chair as he is like passing out.  While i'm looking through his wallet for ID and an insurance card.  
Long story short they started doing some tests, put him on an I.V., and everything got better.  They said it was from dehydration and exhaustion.. poor guy, this week has been rough.  But they let us leave after awhile and the past two days we've taken it easy.

1 comment:

  1. Did you notice I stole a photo for Judd's blog?

    I still love our boys!

    ReplyDelete