Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28th, 2011




     Good morning everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful week! It.s been great here! Somehow the month is almost over! Time is just flying by. This week has also been trying.  Today's email time is short so I will have to make this letter short! 




     I really serve in such a great mission! I love it here and love the people so much. We have an incredible mission president who really cares for each of us!  I have come to love the mission more and more everyday!  It's odd at times as we knock doors and it just doesn’t seem real.  I have dreamed about this since I was a child wondering where I would serve.  I have come to know just how much Heavenly Father knows and loves each of us!  Satan is quite the master at his game.  He has created a world with varying beliefs and seeks to confuse us with what is right.  It became very evident as we have been teaching our investigators this week. Two of them attend temples in downtown Seattle where people levitate and they worship things they shouldn’t. Satan is all-powerful.  He wants to trap us down to endless misery and woe.  It's amazing to see how he creates beliefs in the world to take us away from the state of never ending happiness we can all atain.  As we have worked with these two investigators and taught from the bible, their spirits have changed!  They have come to know Christ! Our lives would be lost without him.  Jesus Christ is our friend and truly loves us.  Satan does everything in his power to cloud our lives from coming to know him.  Christ does live!  And he sure loves us.  His love is infectious and we do all we can as missionaries to be filled with that love! 




     I have learned this week as people begin to be filled and touched by the pure love of Christ, lives change. These two men who we are teaching, Zachary and Quinn have come from the deepest sadness, to a reality of love.  I think at times we can feel as though we aren't deserving of God's love.  But we always are if we are willing to turn to him and repent! These two are beginning to do that.  Repentance is the means to feel free again.  I am so excited for General Conference! 5 days.  But who's counting!  We are so blessed to have a living Prophet and Apostles on the earth today!  I can't wait to hear from them and feel of their love.  I love you all very much and hope from the bottom of my heart that you have a blessed week!!!  Love, Elder Aiken.



No comments:

Post a Comment