Monday, April 11, 2011

It's "Bump Week"!

     Good Morning Everyone!!!!  I can't believe it's "bump week" - or my 6-month mark!  Time has gone by so fast.  Just a quick side note. The sun came out twice this week! The first time in three weeks that we have seen the sun! What a great sight this has been.  (Which gave me the chance to do what I love - mow a lawn!!!)




     The experiences of a mission are truly wonderful.  So full of things that I will never forget.  I am sad that this is already the last week of this transfer!  It feels like walking on an escalator backwards! I can never seem to catch up, time is always slipping by. 
     Yesterday Natalie and her two boys came to church.  After a long week it was so great to look over and see Natalie enjoying the speakers and coloring on paper with brandon ( He is 4). They are such an amazing family who I have come to love so much. The gospel just changes people.  It really does.  A new light comes into their lives!  It’s the greatest testimony that THIS CHURCH IS TRUE!!  Natalie and the boys love church!  Haha Brandon was a bit rambunxious but when we went to pick him up from his class, boy did he come out folding those arms!  A great little sunbeam now!!  
     Earlier in the week we had another experience that really touched my heart.  We went to go set up an appointment with a lady that we haven't taught for awhile.  As we were walking up to her door we saw a lady standing on the curb with luggage next to her.  So we hurried over there to talk to her!  We asked why she was waiting here for a ride, and she said, "I don’t know I just told my friend to meet me here"! As we talked to this sweet lady she explained that she was waiting to get a ride to go and visit her son across the pass. We talked for a brief minute and asked if we could share a message about families when she gets back.  And she said what about families?  “We just want to share a message about where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going!”  She began to cry and said “I have lost two dear friends recently.  My friend died in front of me and I tried to revive him but he passed on.”  She said, “do you know where they are.”  She began to cry and said, “No.”  I am not sure if we will ever see her again.  But I was touched deeply.  
     Many times in my mission I have met people who have a loss of hope.  Either from their mistakes, the shape of the world, or because of the mistakes of others.  The gospel is the light that we all need in our lives.  The gospel is hope!  Oh how much the world needs of it.  I am ever so grateful for the chance that I have been given to spread hope to the world! That God does live and Jesus is the Christ!  He died for our sins and overcame death so that we can be together forever, as FAMILIES.  I love this Church with all of my heart and I love seeing the light that can come into people's lives as they learn more!  I am so grateful that the priesthood power is on the earth today!  I just wish everyone knew that.  With Easter around the corner, I am so grateful for my Savior!  I love you all more than you know - Elder Aiken.

No comments:

Post a Comment