Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Transfer mix-up!

     Good Morning Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!  We had an amazing week!  The weather has been great.  I sent a picture from attending the Stake Presidents home during the amazing weather!




     I forgot to explain the bike crash last week! Two Mondays ago I got new brake pads.  But for a few days after we didn’t use the bikes because we spent most of the time in the Issaquah first ward!  On Friday we headed out to Tiger Mountain and decided to bike down a dirt road to hit a few houses.  And so I realized there was a huge pot hole and slammed on my brakes because my old brakes were horrible! So totally forgetting I had brand new brakes, my face flew straight into the dirt road!  I flew completely end over end. That was a great experience! One I will always treasure! 
     So there was a big mix up at transfers.  Elder Berry and I are now covering the Issaquah first!  I am very excited.  I will surely miss the Tiger Mountain ward.  It was such an amazing place to serve.  I can't wait to come back and visit them, they blessed my life more than they can know!  
     This week was just great.  Natalie and Josh are scheduled to baptized this upcoming weekend.  I am so excited, I have come to love this family so much!  This week she is very sick so we hope and pray that things get better!  
     There was an amazing experience that happened on Friday!  There was a man named Rob that we taught a few months back but has had legal troubles.  We've struggled staying in contact with him.  For weeks I have been praying to find him again so we can continue teaching him!  We are on bikes now, so on Friday we had biked up this huge hill to begin tracting.  But after awhile there it didn’t feel right! We began to pray to know where we should be and I just kept feeling “Look at your planner!” I opened up my planner and Rob's name stood out in 1000 point font!  We biked down to his home and knocked on his door and no answer!! As we got back on our bikes and put our helmets on a taxi pulled up. I was just like no way.  And out walks Rob!!  We were all so excited to see each other!  Rob is back on date for May 21st and I am so happy for him!  His life was changing so dramatically when he began to learn about the gospel. 
     I know with all of my heart that the Holy Ghost can speak to us.  It’s the greatest gift that we can be given in this life and is the great blessing of this church!  The priesthood power has been restored to the earth so we can be given the Holy Ghost as a constant companion at baptism!  I love you all and hope you have had a great Easter!  We spent ours with the Rennies!  A family that I have come to love with all of my heart.  Easter was a special one for me.  The spirit of the Lord was so strong and so close.  Have a great week my dear friends.  Love, Elder Aiken.

No comments:

Post a Comment