Tuesday, July 12, 2011

First Transfer!


     Hello and good morning everyone!!  I have been transferred!  I surely will miss the Issaquah 1st ward and the Tiger Mountain wards!  My life has been changed forever by serving there!  The past nine months have truly changed my life.  So many moments and things that I will never forget.  This is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  While I was serving there I met so many eternal friends.  People that I will never forget.  It's amazing to see how the Lord places people in our path to meet and help us along in this life.  I will miss those wards with all my heart!  I can't wait to go back! 
     I have been called to serve as a Zone Leader in Federal Way.  I am very excited for this oppurtunity!  We serve 24 elders, the largest in the mission.  It will be great, I feel such love for them even though I don’t know many of them!


            The past week has been great! There were so many things that the Lord taught me in the last week to prepare me for this calling.  I am constantly amazed by the Savior's love and knowledge for each and everyone of us.  He knows us personally. As we live our lives right he will guide every foot step.  Although at times it seems hard to follow everything how we should, it is the only way to be truly happy. I am so grateful that God has a plan for each and everyone of us.  Leaving the area I have lived for the past nine months was hard.  I will miss them!  But so many miracles happened yesterday that will touch my life forever. Yesterday morning we went back to teach a man named Jordan! We found him last week when we were going back to teach his brother who was interested in learning more! We had an wonderderful lesson! When he was in 8th grade he felt God wanted him to know more about Him.  Ever since he has been searching to know God and know what His will is for him.  Jordan is in his early 20’s.  One of the most humble seekers of the truth I have ever met!  He truly loves God and wants to do what God would have him do.  The past three years he has given up searching as he hasn’t ever been able to find what he felt was the truth!  As we taught him the restoration you could just see a light bulb go on!  He wants to change.  He will be baptized on the 16th of August!  It was a touching lesson.  

The Hutchings

     After that lesson I got a text message from a sister in the ward asking if we would come give her husband a blessing as they are considering big decisions in their lives.  I prayed with all my heart all day that God would inspire me that night in the blessing.  I prayed and prayed.  I felt the Spirit so strongly that God wanted them to know some very important things and that God knew them. It's amazing how much God loves us!  As we draw near to Him we can feel joy.  That night as we went and said goodbye to the Hutchings I rarely remember feeling the Spirit so strong.  I knew that God loved them and wanted them to feel complete peace!  God is a God of miracles, a God that knows us so well!  We are blessed. After that blessing we went and taught Jeff and Christine, a couple that has recently moved to Issaquah!  They both are so interested in the Priesthood power being restored to the earth so they can be sealed for time and all eternity!  Last night we were able to put them on date for the 16th also.  It was a very special lesson.  God knows them and wants this for their family!


            Leaving the ward and saying goodbyes was hard.  I love those wards.  I feel like I met so many people there that I knew before this life.  I can't wait to see them again!  I love this work and am grateful for the oppurtunity to be a part of it!  I love you all with all my heart! I pray we can all continue to draw nearer to God!! God bless you!  Love, Elder Aiken.

No comments:

Post a Comment