Saturday, July 9, 2011

Great day for Laly!



                          (This post is for June 27, 2011)
     Hello everyone, I hope all is well!  This week has been a true blessing.  The mission is the most amazing adventure we can ever step foot in. There are so many lessons learned, and experiences had that can bless us all our lives.  I love it with all of my heart.  My heart is full of joy and gratitude to the Lord.  

Laly, JJ, Lorenzo and Elder Berry

   This week Laly, JJ and Lorenzo were baptized!  It was a very spiritual day.  I was blessed to baptize them and the spirit that was there was so thick. It's amazing how close the spirit is on the day of baptism. When we enter into the waters of baptism we are making a two way promise. A promise to take upon ourselves the name of Christ and in return He will bless us all our lives.  It's during times like these that we get to reflect on the importance of baptism and how it has blessed our lives.  I have thought much about the blessing of baptism and my heart is so deeply touched.  I don’t know where I would be without the Savior by my side, and without the blessings that He pours out upon me!  Just imaging life without the Savior near us seems so lonely.  That seems to be what pushes me along every day!  We have to help others come to know that the Savior lives and loves us all and will help us through everything!


     JJ and the boys were baptized first, and then Laly! The boys stood on the stairs and watched as there mom was baptized. As we walked into the dressing room together they were both just grinning from ear to ear. They are just about the neatest kids I have ever met.  I can't wait to come and see them receive the priesthood in a few years. I asked JJ how it was and he said “It felt like the Holy Ghost was with me the whole time!”  The baptism was just truly amazing!  Earlier in the week as we ended their baptismal interview, we had Lorenzo pray and he said “ Thank you Heavenly Father for my two new Brothers, we love the Elders.” 
     I think I mentioned this awhile back but about two weeks ago Lorenzo got really sick.  He had an abnormal growth that was causing him to be doubled over in pain. They hurried him to the hospital but they were only able to give him some pain medication until they could get him to another doctor the following morning.  When they got home from the hospital Laly had us come and give Lorenzo a priesthood blessing!  When they went to the doctor the mass had reduced in size and they will now just monitor it for a few weeks and pain medication was no longer needed.  Now some might say that’s just a coincidence, but I know that because of the power of the priesthood Lorenzo was healed from this!  That power is so real. I am so grateful for it.  I am grateful for Joseph Smith and that through him the power and authority of God has been restored to the earth, just as it was given to the 12 apostles through Christ! I love you all!  Thanks for all you do! This upcoming week is going to be great.  I know that God lives and loves us, he will guide us all our lives as we turn to him! With him we are never alone!  Have a great week!  Love, Elder Aiken.

No comments:

Post a Comment