Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011



     GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!  I hope that all is well and that everyone is safe. We had an amazing week of miracles.  I am so grateful for it!  The Lord is always preparing people to accept the restored gospel!  He just never gives up. 
     Chapter 26 of 2nd Nephi in the Book of Mormon highlights this for me, it touched my heart as I read it this morning.  26:24  He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.  26:25  Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price. 
     That is the simple promise and quest of our Savior.  He wants and pleads for all of us to come unto Him, He wants to bless us as we walk forward in faith and following his teachings.  His teachings ARE happiness.  NO other equation will lead to true and everlasting happiness.  It's amazing to see His hand guide us to those who are looking for that peace and comfort in their lives!  On Wednesday we tracted into a woman named Lisa.  She and her husband are school teachers and have three beautiful kids.  She said they were busy but could we please come back on Friday!  So on Friday we went back with a couple in our ward.  It was the most amazing lesson of my mission.  They are such a wonderful family. When we sat down Lisa said, “Let me tell you why you are here.  As you know my husband and I are both school teachers.  Every school year we always come home and talk about the students that impress us and what they have in common. Without fail, two weeks later we always find out they are Mormon. Every time!  They are so respectful and happy, it's just amazing.  And then this past week I started to see the Mormon.org ads, the families had that same peculiar smile to them.  So when you knocked on my door, I thought I have to learn more!”  All her life she had been surrounded by amazing Mormon families that have been preparing her for the restored gospel.  As we sat down we read out of the Book of Mormon, about Christ in Alma chapter 7.  As she read she looked up at us and said “ I have a frog in my throat, this book has a tangible power!  I understand why you people are so dedicated!”  The lesson was so spiritual, the commonalites between the couple we brought with us and her was simply amazing. 
       I know that God lives. WE ARE SO EXCITED! This family is just amazing, and we can't wait for them to come to church.  She is truly searching to draw closer to Christ and to understand Him.  There becomes a point in all of our lives where we stop looking for things of naught and begin looking for things that matter most.  One of my favorite scriptures is in 2 Nephi Chapter 9 verse 51: Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy.  Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness. Money, fame, or our material possesions will perish as we leave this earth. Those things will never satisfy.  Family, charity, and our knowledge are things things that will come with us in the eternities.  I often ask myself that simple question, will the things I am focused on come with me into the eternities?  Without the restored gospel we will always be looking for more.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is what satisfies our soul.
       I love you all!  This week was a tremendous blessing in my life!  It's great to see the hand of God.  He loves us and knows us all!  As we seek the things that matter most, and begin to gain charity in our lives, we are filled with the Spirit of God and we begin to feel satisified.  I am so grateful for this time here.  What a blessing and a great growing time.  Have a safe week!

Love,
Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment