Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Let's Follow Christ!

Not quite sure why we wash our cars - it's always raining!!!

     Hello everyone!!! What a beautiful and fabulous week here in Issaquah! We survived another transfer!! Elder Berry and I are so blessed and excited to serve another transfer together. It will be great to have my second Thanksgiving and Christmas here. Our Stake President wants me to start looking for property. This truly is the best place on earth (besides Sandy, Utah.) 
     My heart is so full. Lisa is doing amazing! That family has become dear friends. She won't be baptized this weekend, she is waiting a bit until her husband is in full support. The lessons with them this week were so touching. It's great to teach people about Christ. Homes, and lives change when His gospel is taught.
     Over the past week, I have been pondering a lot, my love for my Savior, Jesus Christ. The most amazing thing to me is meeting people from all over the world and seeing their view on Christ. I have realized and come to know that this life is about choice. God, in his wisdom gave us agency. We all are given the choice between good and evil, these choices are presented to us daily, even hourly. The ultimate question of life is who will we follow? Will I follow Christ? This choice is simple, straight forward but will chart the course of our life.  Life without our Savior, can be liveable. Yes, you CAN make it through. And yes we can follow Him in some of our choices, but solely following Christ, living so that we can one day see His face, is true Joy. The Light and Life of the world can be our constant and ever changing guide through this mortal existence. And yet simply, that choice is left up to us. Do we want to live in such a way as to let His light fill our souls? 
     As we have receieved the most recent Ensign, there is a talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks that has been on my mind. There are two parts I would like to quote. Dallin H. Oaks said. “Jesus issued the challenge, “What think ye of Christ?” (Matthew 22:42). The Apostle Paul challenged the Corinthians to “examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith” (2 Corinthians 13:5). All of us should answer these challenges for ourselves. Where is our ultimate loyalty? Are we like the Christians in Elder Neal A. Maxwell’s memorable description who have moved their residence to Zion but still try to keep a second residence in Babylon? There is no middle ground. We are followers of Jesus Christ.” When we do this, when we are loyal to our Savior and His path, the windows of heaven cannot be stayed. Our burdens become lighter, we see the world differently. We see it as a place to grow and become like Him. That this life doesn’t have to be lived alone, but that we can walk in his ways and He truly will be by our side. 
     Dallin H Oaks also said “Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten and Beloved Son of God. He is our Creator. He is the Light of the World. He is our Savior from sin and death. This is the most important knowledge on earth, and you can know this for yourself…” As missionaries we proudly wear the name of Christ! And I proudly bear testimony of Him at every door and to every soul I meet. My life would be a dark and dreary place without my Savior! He has saved me from so much, and is a constant source of joy. His path is simple, but straight. It’s the most true and happy path we can take in this life. I am so grateful for Him during this holiday season! That he suffered, bled and died for me! He is there! He always will be, NO. Matter. What. We won't be alone, we never have to be, if we will but hold to His ways. 
     I love you all! I love this life and my Savior! I do know without a doubt that He lives. How blessed we are to have that knowledge. How blessed we are to be able to share it with others this time of year. I love you all! I am truly happy, this birthday week is already off to a great start! God has blessed me richly and there isn't a better place to spend a birthday! I LOVE YOU ALL, LET'S FOLLOW CHRIST! 
Love,
Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment