Tuesday, December 13, 2011

God is a God of miracles!

Former Seattle missionaries back to film a documentary!

     Hello everyone!! I hope all is well! Things are going so well here. God has been blessing us richly over the past few weeks! 
     This has probably been the busiest time of my mission. This month, more than most, is a time when all are looking to be closer to Christ. So we are running around and making the best of it. What a blessed time to be in the mission field.          
     The past few weeks have been full of miracles with Lisa and Nick. Two weeks ago we went over to teach a lesson and asked Nick to join. God performed some mighty miracles during that lesson. We left not remembering a thing that was said, the Lord was the one speaking in that room. They have both made the decision to be baptized together! It’s THE GREATEST MIRACLE!! We are trying to help them be baptized this month, although we have many obstacles still to face. I have sat back often and pondered this miracle. How did it happen? We have done nothing. Our Father in Heaven has literally softened his heart, and peaked the interest of the whole family! God knows who he wants in His church, Christ is the captain, He runs the show.
     This week I have spent a lot of time pondering. On Friday we had our mission Christmas party. After we ate dinner we watched 17 Miracles. It was the most touching movie I have ever seen. It's amazing to watch what those people went through! They fought for their lives, all along the way! Only to reach Zion and partake in the ordinances of the temple. The highlight for me, were those three men, who spent one whole day carrying people across the Sweetwater River. They all died later on from the lingering affects of that day. Oh how I wish we could all serve that way! They simply show the importance of this gospel! It’s the pillar in our lives. And the greatest blessing any of us can receive. I won't slow down, back up, or be shy about this gospel while I serve here! We must give all, till ALL hear.  How blessed we are to have temples so close, and the Church of Christ restored today. This blessing is rich, but the opposition will continue to increase.


    On Thursday we were in a particular neighborhood with many young kids that used to always run up to us and called us the “Church People!” On Thursday one of the boys who used to run up to me, probably about 12, wouldn’t come say hi! I thought it was odd so I went over to see how he was doing. I asked what was wrong and he said, “I hate Mormons and I don’t like you.” I asked him why he felt that way and he replied, “My Grandma told me not to talk to you, and that you worship satan.  She says your church is fake.” And off he went. These are surely the last times, a time when the opposition will rise! Christ will come again, and the last days are near. It’s a time we must remain stronger than ever! Hold fast to what we have been taught and continually gain a testimony.
    My love for this gospel is never ending. I love this work. I wish it would never end! The gospel is my strength and my light! I love it with all of my heart!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! GOD IS A GOD OF MIRACLES.  Rely on His arm, He will guide you. Trust me. Be safe my friends. 

Love,
Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment