Tuesday, June 26, 2012

God is always there!



      HELLO EVERYONE!! Good morning and happy Monday to you all! Life is just a wonderful blessing. God lives and loves us all and will see us home. I have seen some wonderful and touching miracles this week that have reminded me of the power of God, for with him nothing is impossible! 
      This Sunday I was given the wonderful opportunity to speak in Sacrament Meeting, I love to speak, it's wonderful to talk of Christ my dear friend and Savior.  As I prepared the talk I was struck in awe as I studied Christ and His life and mission. I testify that Jesus Christ truly is the selfless one, He is our Redeemer and our guide through this life. I have seen His hand daily in this work. There are days when the work load, the seemingly unfixable lives of our investigators, and the challenges that other missionaries are facing, almost bring me to the ground. In those moments of pleading prayer the hand of the Lord always reaches down and reveals the path and the solution. Those answers don’t always come at once, they at times take much of the night in humble prayer for that guidance to come! But it does come. Our lives seem to become increasingly complicated, but our older Brother Jesus Christ has suffered all things. All sin, stress, and pain. Through Him we can be guided through every trial.
Brother Greg who was baptized a few weeks back, has been facing a lot of trials. He lost his job about a year ago and his wife seems to be getting less and less hours. His future seemed bleak, but he pressed on keeping the commandments of God in fullness, knowing that the Lord would provide in due time. During this time he seemed to always look outward. Although his finances were slim, he did everything he could do to help others! On Sunday he informed us that he is going to be starting a bible study this week where he is going to be inviting all of his friends and family over to teach them the gospel. He said, “What scriptures should I use? Should I use 2 Nephi 31? I just don’t want to go too heavy on baptism yet!” He is an amazing man, and literally wants the whole world to know that Christ has restored His church to the earth today! Well, this morning he received a call that he was getting hired back doing roofing! He will start working full time! What a miracle! As King Benjamin states in the Book of Mormon truly happy is the state of those that “keep the commandments of God, for they are blessed in all things…” I humbly testify that our Lord and Savior will bless and lead us through life's afflictions as we firmly keep our lives focused outward! For that is how Christ lived His life.
Douglas is doing amazing!! I am humbled by his love for life and for the gospel. He seems to yearn to learn everything he can about the gospel! Last night he attended yet another baptism and said, “I wish the days would go quicker until my baptism.” There is a family in the ward that has literally taken him in like a son! The families here are true examples of Christ. Each time we call him, he usually replies something like, “Oh I am just leaving the Wheelrights for dinner…” I love this gospel! I love to see others emulate our Savior! For in gaining the attributes of Christ can we become pure and holy! Pure and Holy to stand before God at the last day.
Yesterday we had the baptisms of Viane, Angel, and Bryan! IT WAS AMAZING! The room was literally filled to the brim, with families standing in the hallway! And besides me realizing about two minutes before the baptism started that I forgot my baptismal pants, everything went great! It only started a half hour late! Seeing these families, many who are coming back to church for the first time in years, overwhelms me! We may wander! But it seems, those that do, never will find that happiness elsewhere and always return
I testify as a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, that the only true way of happiness is through Christ! For each of us spiritually die when we come into this life and sin, but through Christ our spirit can literally be born again! Is there a greater blessing? I love you all! Have a great week of miracles.

Love, Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment