Monday, September 10, 2012

A wonderful challenge!

     Hello everyone! I will be short in writing today since we are preparing for a new missionary training tomorrow! I will write a lengthy report the following week. 
     My dear Brothers and Sisters, I am truly thankful this day for a loving Father in Heaven! I have seen and felt His hand strongly this week. On Thursday, President Larkin felt impressed to issue our mission a challenge to place 100 of our Father in Heaven's children on date for baptism. That afternoon, we began an exchange and I was alone in the Marshalese Branch with Elder Moala and Elder Geigle. I was truly worried, knowing the area very little, that I wouldn't be able to help the mission in this challenge from the Lord. We knelt in humble prayer and simply turned it over to the Lord, asking for His guidance, knowing that we would be of no help. I will never forget that day all the days of my life. Each street we would drive down, an impression from the Lord would come guiding us in each turn! I will never forget driving down Auburn Way, when an impression came to me to stop by an apartment complex! I knew that everyone that lived there had already been baptized, so the prompting felt odd! We chose to follow anyway. The second we pulled in, a Marshalese man pulled up coming to pick up his friend for work. Morgan had met with missionaries before and had lost contact! We taught him a brief but powerful lesson and put him on date for October 6th. By nights end, the Lord lead us to 12 of His children that were placed on date for baptism. This is the power of God! 
     I am so grateful to a loving earthly Father, who has taught me to never give up! All of my life my dad never let us give up, or to think the task was too great. I am filled with joy as I recall the great lessons my Dad has taught me! They have carried me everyday of my mission. God has blessed my with a righteous father and wonderful family who have taught me so much! I LOVE YOU ALL! I hope that you might rely on the Lord in all things, for God is a God of miracles!

Love,
Elder Aiken

1 comment:

  1. Faith + Obedience + Hard Work = Miracles. Thank you for sharing this great experience by a missionary who obviously has learned this well.

    ReplyDelete