Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Stay on the path...



     Yokwe, yokwe!!  How are you all? I hope that you have had a wonderful week. This week has been a marvelous week, filled with the Power of the Lord.  I am just happy and overjoyed, the Lord is merciful! 
     Today my email will be short, we are preparing the transfers for the mission, and have to leave shortly to take the departing missionaries to the airport!  This has been a truly busy week!  We have a big group of missionaries coming in and are opening four new areas in the mission.  We have been negotiating leases on apartments and fasting and praying much with President Larkin to know where each missionary might serve this transfer. I have felt God with us. I have literally seen Him guide our Mission President in every decision! God is at the head of this great and glorious work! I simply wish to write today and bear my testimony of God's plan for each of us.      
     Earlier this week, we were in Zone Leader Council and President Larkin opened the meeting by reading some powerful words from the scriptures.  Alma 34:9:  "For it is expedient that an a atonement should be made; for according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish; yea, all are hardened; yea, all are fallen and are lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement which it is expedient should be made.”  3 Nephi 27: 19-20:  “And no unclean thing can enter into his kingdom; therefore nothing entereth into his rest save it be those who those who have washed their garments in my blood, because of their faithfulness unto the end. Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day.” 
     Each of us as we enter this life become spiritually dead as we begin to sin!  God can no longer communicate with us and guide us because we have become impure. The way that we can be clean again, and again be able to enter the presence of our Father in Heaven is through repentance and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost! 
     Last week a man named Anthony came up to us in church and said, "I know I keep saying that I am a member but I am not!  I really feel ready to be baptized, can I be baptized on Friday?"  In shock we nodded our heads.  I will never forget on Sunday as we gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost.  As we laid our hands on his head the words of President Larkin came to my mind, speaking of how much God rejoices when we are clean again and He can be with us once more!  As my mind began pondering on the subject, I could see in my mind's eye after we spoke the words "receive the Holy Ghost", God and His angels running down the long and beautiful path rejocing at the oppurtunity to once again be with him spiritually! What a glorious feeling that was, and recognization that God does love us!  His plan is perfect as each of us will fall short BUT WE CAN RETURN!!  I love Anthony.  He is a wonderful man with a great heart. He will do anything for anyone. How easy it is for us to become selfish and look inward in all things! God doesnt want us to be that way, for that is pride. I look at Anthony, a man with a great future, and just smile knowing that God's spirit can now reside with Him! This gospel is truly amazing.
     My Dear brothers and sisters, have a wonderful and a great week! I hope that God is with you, and that you are keeping the faith to follow Him to your fullest. I bear simple and humble witness that Jesus is the Christ.  Follow Him in all things.  For when we turn one degree, or here a little or there a little, we may never return. Christ is the safe route, the safe path!  We must never vary, for through Him might we all return home with our families forever! 
     I love you all! Thank you for all you do. God bless you!  I apologize if I have been poor in writing back, we usually don’t have a preparation day, so we don’t have time to write letters. We usually have time to read them as we travel, and for those I am grateful! They are always inspiring and uplifting. Be safe, and God bless you!

Love,
Elder Brock Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment