Monday, May 16, 2011

3 days of sunshine!!!

     Hello to everyone in Utah! I love you all and hope that all is well. Everything is just great here! Its been a blessing of a week.  Three days of sun! Three!  It was just about the greatest thing ever!  I was so grateful for it! The weather was so nice we thought we would have our district meeting outside! 








     This week has been a week in my mission that I will never forget.  A time in my life for refining and growth!  So many lessons learned and things that will change me forever.  This past week I came to know the Church is absolutely true!  I always have known that this is Christ's church on the earth!  But now I know for a fact and will never again question it.  





     I am so grateful for it!  We have the greatest news and what a blessing it is in our lives!  This week I cannot wait to run and tell people about this!  




     On Friday we stopped by Natalie's to set up a time to share a message.  It was one of the most touching experiences of my mission.  As we talked to her from the doorway, she stood up and began to walk towards us!  She began to cry as she said “You guys I have been so worried about finding a job and the boys, and school and all I have to do in my life!  I have had the spirit since my baptism!  I am comforted in it all!”  She began to cry and said “ The Book of Mormon is true!  I read it every night and pray often! It's true!  I know it!”  She then asked us how she could have the missionaries sent to her sister and if she could take cookies to the lady next door we are teaching!  It's just amazing.  She is different now, her smile, her demeanor, everything is different!  The Spirit is with her and her life is just amazing. 


Best buddy Alfred!


     As we live our lives correctly and endure to the end, our lives can be changed for ever!  This life is so much easier as we have the spirit in our lives!  As we repent and purify out lives we can be lead by the Holy Spirit of the Lord.  Is there a greater comfort?  On Saturday we had another really neat experience!!  Rob told us he had a job interview! He has been looking for a job for months and months!  He only has one pair of clothes though!  A sister in the ward just stepped in and did amazing things.  She took us to a Nordstrom Rack with Rob down the street and bought him outfits for his interview!!  Rob has come so far.  He has come from a man lost and aquainted with grief to a man with hope and joy!  Every week he changes.  That is the fruit of the spirit!  It brings about a change in us and in our lives!  His baptism is on Friday, and what a blessing that will be!  
     I have been deeply blessed this week!  I know that Jesus Christ, our very Savior and Redeemer lives!!!!!  He loves each and every one of us and knows our pains!  I love you all!  I love this mission and all it has brought me!  This is true!  I know it and I sure know that God knows it!!!!  Love, Elder Aiken.

No comments:

Post a Comment