Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How Firm a Foundation!


     Hello everyone!!  I hope you have all had a great week like we have here in Issaquah.  Another week full of mostly sun, what a blessing!  Fall is coming around the corner and the beauty of Washington is remarkable. 
     This week, God has led us to many souls in search of the Gospel, it's just fascinating to see the hand of God.  Months ago we received a referral from Mormon.org from a young woman named Megan.  She is a young lady that had asked to receive a Book of Mormon.  A few weeks ago we were finally able to get in and teach her!  Last week we came back after she received a Book of Mormon and she just began to cry.  She said “I have always felt this my whole in my life, I have always wanted to draw closer to God.  I knelt down and God told me that the Book of Mormon was true! I want this so badly.”  She was really scared because her parents had expressed that it might not be something she could do.  But this past week her parents gave her permission to be baptized!  She has already read over half of the Book of Mormon, and she can't put it down.  She seems to be teaching us more than we are teaching her!  It's just amazing, the promise given in the Book of Mormon, its real!  I know it with all my heart. God promises us that if we read that book and ask with a sincere heart, he will tell us if its true!  He never fails on that promise.  Megan's life is changing before our eyes, she is finally seeing the truth and the importance of drawing closer to God.  Her faith is building and life is ever changing.  
     This weekend we will be baptizing Lisa.  She is such a tender spirit.  Lisa is a single mom that has had a bit of a hard life!  I knocked on her door about 9 months ago now, and a few weeks ago she just showed up at church and has been coming with a friend ever since.  There is a hymn that we sung this week in church that touched my soul.  It’s the hymn “How Firm a Foundation” and the line that I love reads:  “In every condition in sickness, In health, In povertys vale or abounding in wealth, at home or abroad, on the land or the sea, As thy days may demand, as thy days may demand, as thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be.” I have seen the same pattern over and over again, that God will always be there despite our demands.  No matter where we are in life He loves us and wants us to enter His fold and return to live with Him again.  The calling to be a missionary is simply the greatest we can receive, to preach that God has restored a way to return and live with Him as families forever!  It’s a true blessing from heaven.
     The past week I think I have met half of the Atheists that have ever lived!  My mind has been caught up in wondering how I do know that God does live.  And it's simple.  We must act and not be acted upon.  We must search for God, if He simply revealed Himself to all of us without any effort, this life would have been pointless.  We wouldn’t grow!  But that’s this journey, we are here to prepare to meet God!  As we do so, God has shown me many experiences and I have seen His unchanging hand lift me from so many things.  I love the fact that I do know that God lives!  And He will reveal Himself to us and guide us all our lives!  I love you all. I hope you stay safe and know that you are loved.
Love, 
Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment