Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Power of a Message


     What an amazing week.  I love my life here, I've been so richly blessed!  I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven and the lessons that He has taught me here.  I wish that it could never end.  Finding people that are so saddened by life and helping them truly understand the Atonement is pure joy. There is nothing more fulfilling in this life.  I love it with all of my heart.  
     One particular instance of this past week was teaching a woman named Carol.  She might be the most charitable woman I have ever met.  Carol's husband is an alcoholic and has left for a time to try and turn his life around.  And so that sweet woman is left to be a single mom to her 4 year old autistic son.  I know with all of my heart that God sent us to her.  The gospel is the answer to all of her prayers. We gave her a mormon.org (http://mormon.org/me/141P and when we came back she said, “ I haven't been able to stop watching all of the videos on mormon.org!  They fill me with such peace and hope.  We had the most amazing lesson that day.  It's so great to see how God knows each and everyone of us.  It truly is!  I am so grateful for that knowledge. Carol came to church on Sunday and just loved it!  We are so grateful to be guides in her life to help her find the truth.
     This week was really busy!  So many neat things that are happening in our mission! MORMON.ORG IS COMING TO TOWN!!  The church is doing a huge advertising campaign beginning October 1st until mid March. We are so excited!  It's going to be amazing. That website is just the best missionary tool for members.  The people from Proselyting and Marketing for the church came and trained us on the campaign!  We are counting down the days.  It's going to be on billboards, buses, tv, and radio! The church is trying to dispel myths and misconceptions, and share with people how their lives can be blessed through our message. What a great thing this will be. 
     On Saturday Elder Berry and I took a trip to drop off a car in Seattle to a missionary sent down there. We had quite a long drive and a lot of time to think.  My mind was caught up in the joys of missionary work and just how much I appreciate this.  I have never felt so much charity in all my life than through serving with missionaries.  It's such a blessing.  I thought about the time we are given here to serve and just how precious it is!  God gives us two years to work side by side with He and His son Jesus Christ!  To learn from them, to learn all that we need to learn to progress in this life and the life to come. We get to be with them for two full years! What a blessing it is that God gives us this time.  I am so grateful for it! 
     I love you all.  I hope you all have a great week and are staying faithful in the Gospel!  It is true happiness, it is peace, and it brings us to where we want to be!! I LOVE YOU.
Elder Aiken

1 comment: