Monday, September 26, 2011

Charity Never Faileth!


       Good morning everyone!  It's been another great week here in the great city of Issaquah!  I just truly love it here!  Fall is here, and it's just beautiful.  I hope that all is well, and you are all safe.  
     We have been working with Sky to prepare her for her baptism on Saturday.  We are so excited for her!  The most amazing aspect of a mission is watching the lives of those we teach, change!  They become truly happy, filled with the Light of Christ and they begin to see that they can achieve their goals and their dreams!  That’s what I love about the gospel, it's all about hope!  Hope and a sure knowledge that God lives, He loves us, and will carry us all along our way! What greater knowledge can there be? 




     This past week we went to visit one of our recent converts Natalie.  She is just blooming in the gospel and loving it so much! We sat and talked with her about the Book of Mormon and how we can make it a part of our lives.  She said, “I just love that book, I have to read it every morning and night!  It's just something I can't put down!  I need more and more of it!”  When she said that I was so happy.  I think often we overlook the importance of the Book of Mormon!  A book, written for us, specifically in our day to lead and guide us as individuals, sons and daughters, and parents!  It’s the guide and compass to our lives!  What a blessing it is to be able to have that, it's amazing to think of the sacrifce that occurred for us to receive that devine book!  I stand with the Prophets of today and the Prophets of old and declare that I know that book to be true.  As we read it, ponder it, and apply it in our lives we cannot fail!  It’s a solid foundation upon which we can draw closer to our Savior.  Over the past month especially I have been so drawn to that Book.  Every morning we read it, our apartment is filled with the Spirit of the Lord.  It’s a true blessing.  
      One more experience that really touched my life, was with another recent convert!  She began to cry when we talked with her, and said, “As you know I lost my job, we are struggling financially. I just received a 100 dollar check from an anonymous person in the ward!  And it's what I need to support my family this month.”  To me that’s what this gospel is about!  That’s what Christ wants us to do!  Serve and support each other!  We all are so blessed with opportunities to give and support our Father in Heaven in uplifting those around us!  I am so grateful for this church!  I LOVE IT!  And hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment