Monday, March 26, 2012

Jordan's miracle!

 

     My dear friends and family! Good morning! My heart is so full. The past week has been one that I will never forget. I am so blessed to be serving in these great wards, and to meet so many amazing souls. I feel that God truly loves everyone, but more than that, He knows us perfectly. It's wonderful then to understand the power and importance of relying on His helping hand.

Boiling water in the church kitchen for the font!

     Saturday we had Jordan's baptism. As I ponder the miracles that took place in his conversion, I am awed by God and His plan. To think that had 8 months passed since we met him, followed by no clue where he went, to Saturday's baptism is just inspiring. God lives! He guides this great and glorious work. Why I was blessed enough to return, and be a part of his life, I'll never know. There is a familiarity with him is something I will never forget! 


     As we walked in the water, the spirit of God filled my soul. For a moment I just stared at the water, I felt that I had entered the presence of my Father in Heaven. As I baptized him, I will never forget that moment. As I brought him out of the water, his hands fell in his face. I have never seen someone so happy in all my life. As I grabbed his hand and lifted him from the water, for a second I could see the very moment in the premortal life, when we shook hands, and promised each other we would find each other during life's journey. And as we left the font, it was as if Christ's hand was linked with ours as he was pulling us up the stairs and through this life. My dear brothers and sisters, this was an incredible moment in all my life. I know God's plan is perfect. Jordan will be one of my best friends all my life. He soon will head into pre-law! And has great plans for his life! His testimony is so pure, and so perfect! He was raised in a family that didn’t bother with religion, and for years searched for what was missing. I have never seen a happier person! The renewing power of baptism is a powerful thing! I know that God was there that day, and angels rejoiced as he made that powerful covenant with God. Our Father in Heaven ALWAYS places people in our path for a reason! We must take every moment to uplift, encourage, and inspire those around us!
     I just briefly want to end with my testimony of the power of the Holy Priesthood. When we think and ponder the need for the restoration of the Gospel, we soon realize that God's power must be on earth. From the beginning, God has ordained men to lead and guide his people, and given them the authority to perform saving ordinances! As Christ and His Apostles were killed, that authority had to again be restored to the earth! On Thursday we had the oppurtunity to give our Ward Mission Leader a blessing. I will never forget that moment. It was as if I couldn’t shut my mouth, and direct revelation to their family was spoken. As we ended the blessing the family was in tears. His wife said, “Everything that was spoken was a direct answer to our prayers and conversation.” I testify to you all, that the power of the Priesthood is real! That God truly has restored the power to heal and guide to this earth! And yesterday we again were blessed to give a blessing to a recent convert! She had been struggling with a fever for days. As we finished the blessing, her fever broke.
     I am humbled and grateful this day for a loving God! Life can be hard, and truly challenging. But we must know and realize that God will guide us as we remain humble.  I am overjoyed with conference coming up so quickly! To hear the prophet's voice! WE ARE SUCH A BLESSED PEOPLE TO HAVE A LIVING PROPHET TODAY!  And the ability to watch it from LDS.org, Saturday and Sunday is a rich blessing to the world. I know that this is the truth! Cling to it with all your heart! I love you.

Elder Aiken

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Every.Single.Word!
    Did he draw that picture? I would love a copy of that.
    I have not gotten an email yet. Poo.

    ReplyDelete