Monday, April 2, 2012

"No pain lasts forever!"


     To my dear friends and family, I hope that you have had a great week and know that I love and admire you! This week was a wonderful week.  The Lord God of Israel never ceases to be a God of miracles. His power is tangible and His effects are wide reaching. We were busy much of the week with meetings and today I will have to be short. There were a few things though that deeply impressed my heart, and that I feel impressed to share.
     Saturday as we drove to an appointment, I glanced on the side of the road and saw Sharon. It had been a week or so since we had seen her. She looked haggard, and stumbled down the sidewalk with no direction seemingly in mind. We pulled over on the side of the road, and ran to her. We steadied her troubled soul, as she clung to our arms to keep her balance. We walked to a near by bench where she quickly began tearing up. Our dear Sister Sharon has had a rough few years. God has led us to her numerous times! She cried as she reminisced about her past and her two young daughters she desperately missed. Tears welled in my eyes as she began to shake and said, “I need a drink soon!” As I sat looking at her troubled face, I couldn’t help but wonder how our Father in Heaven must feel for her. As President Boyd K. Packer said in General Conference yesterday, “No pain will last forever with the Atonement.” This poor woman, once full of life, now struggles at night to decide which couch to sleep on. In this world, and this sojourn in life, we need not fear! With the Lord we are never alone. We at times may travel down a dark path, might miss a few exits on the way, or trip on fall during a deep struggle. But the Lord will never look away. He is our Master and our friend. 
     I leave you all with my humble and simple testimony. We must live each day to see the face of our Savior! So that when we do fall, we might notice His ever reaching hand to pick us back up! God lives. And he will help you through “the encircling glooms.” Be safe and have a great week!

Love,
Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment