Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to Issaquah...again!!!

Back with Elder Berry!


      HAPPIEST DAY OF THE MISSION.  I am back in Tiger Mountain and Issaquah First!!   Yep, the third time back in Tiger Mountain and second for Issaquah!  And I am back with Elder Berry! We are serving as Zone Leaders in the Bellevue South Zone! I truly am just so happy.  I can't wait to begin serving here again.  


Stan's baptism!


    The past week there have been so many experiences that have changed my life, and the courses I will take forever!  First I want to share about Stan.  Stan was baptized on Saturday!  It was the most amazing thing that I have ever experienced.  Stan was a man that could hardly speak when we first met him, he was so full of  sadness that all he could do was cry.  He was lost and was searching for the joy. I am forever touched by these scriptures in the Book Of Mormon in Alma Chapter 7:11  “And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and sicknesses of his people.  12.  And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
     This is what Christ did for each and every one of us!  He suffered our pains and afflictions so He could run to our aid in our time of need!  He did just that for Stan.  Once he learned about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that it had been restored to the earth, he learned how to draw closer to the Savior and how Christ could then heal him from his pains.  I know with all  my heart that God does live and His Son died for us all.  It was amazing to see Stan leave the font with a smile as big as I have ever seen!  He said “ I feel peace, and so much joy!”  When we went to say goodbye last night my heart was just swollen.  The mission is the best thing in my life. I am so grateful that I was able to meet Stan.  He has truly become one of our best friends in the world.  You can always tell the truth of something by the fruits that it produces. The gospel has brought a man from the depths of sorrow to the peaks of joy.  That’s real and undeniable.  The message of this church is true.  

Cassie's baptism!

    Yesterday evening we had another great baptism! Her name is Cassie. We have been teaching her for the past transfer.  She was being taught for quite sometime before I got there.  I am amazed at her change once she committed to a baptismal date!  She said that “She finally knows how to speak to God and He answers her prayers!”
            On Friday Elder L. Tom Perry came and spoke to the mission.  It was simply incredible.  All I can say is I have never been so grateful to have prophet on the earth!  It is the most real thing that I have had the opportunity to witness.  As he walked in the room the spirit overcame me!  The spirit deeply confirmed to me that GOD DOES CALL PROPHETS AND APOSTLE TODAY!! And will forever and always speak to us.  I just thought to myself in that meeting, what have I done to deserve a great family who raised me in the gospel?  Why did I get so lucky to have the fulness of the gospel in my life?  This has been the most touching week of my mission.  I know that God lives and loves me! I am so grateful to amazing parents who raised me in this and stayed strong all their lives in it!  That’s a blessing.  Just a brief acknowledgement to my great Mom who this week has resigned from KSL, I am so proud of her and the many lives she touched by bringing light many stories of great people that wouldn’t have been told otherwise! 

Last day with Elder Bunton and Elder Livingston


     I love you all. I am deeply blessed.  I love my life and my mission! I hope I can stay here forever (but my mom says "NO"!) I will miss Elder Bunton and Elder Livingston! They became my best friends.  Two of God's greatest.  I am so happy to be back in Issaquah but will deeply miss Federal Way!  I hope we can all, like Stan rely on Christ and the Atonement, and put Him deep within our lives! Have an amazing week!
Love, Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment