Monday, August 29, 2011

Baptism by river water


      Hello everyone - I am so happy to be back in Issaquah!  I miss Federal Way, but I honestly feel like I could move here! (My mom says "No"!)


     This past week has truly been wonderful.  I often ponder the joys of my life here, I am eternally grateful for my mission!  There was a pretty neat story that happened while I was gone! I believe that I have spoken of it previously but I will mention it again.  Before I was transferred, we tracted into a woman named Angela! We were walking past these bushes and felt prompted to go through the path to the side of them. There we saw a set of houses that we had never seen before. And then we found Angela! She was baptized two years ago, but hadn't gone for the past year because of her husband. She said she had just prayed to know what to do about attending church. We gave her our phone number but didn’t hear for her for about a week! One night we felt strongly we should return to their home.  She answered the door with amazement, she said that she had lost our phone number and prayed that God would send us back.  I left the area the next day and was so sad!  They began teaching her husband Andrew!!  He was baptized two weeks ago!!! I was so happy to see them. When she joined the church, he was livid.  And for two years she had to avoid church to avoid issues. They are now preparing to be sealed as a family and their two children next year!  His life has changed forever.  They are an amazing couple with a brilliant spirit about their home. The gospel is true. I love it with all of my soul.



       Ray Kent was baptized on Saturday! He has been taught for about 3 years now! I have taught him for the last nine months!  He is a man with the best heart, he will literally do anything for anyone.  I feel like I have known him all my life and was so blessed to be a part of it!  I loved that day.  The spirit that was there was something that I will never forget. 




     The day before we got buckets from the creek to put into the font! He really wanted to be baptized in a river but it wasn’t allowed.  So on Friday we got the buckets from the creek and took them up to the church building.  It was just great.  I have been amazed this past week at the joy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the joy I feel for my Savior.  I was a bit nervous to be called as a zone leader here to this zone, as it has always been the lowest baptizing in the mission.  I have been praying with all my heart and soul that God would lead and guide us to new heights as a zone, and to change the culture here.  That seems to be changing.  God has blessed us more than I can fathom.  I have never been so humbled in all my life.  Our zone had the most new people put on date for baptism this past week.  It’s a miracle.  And literally we play no part in it.  God is real, and He guides each of us.  I have rarely felt Him guide me so much in a calling. This work is the most important thing we can ever do, to bring our Brothers and Sisters to Christ.  It’s the work of angels.  I love you all so much, and I am forever grateful for our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. They are at the head of it all! We owe them for all of our blessings.  I am forever indebted to them for all I have been blessed with here, that is what drives me daily!  Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Aiken

1 comment:

  1. What an impressive young man! Did you find out if he and Judd are in the same zone?

    ReplyDelete