Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Called to serve the President!


     Hello my dear friends and family!! I hope that you have had wonderful week and that all is well! This day has been humbling, and inspiring. I await earnestly the tasks ahead. I have received the call to serve as an Assistant to the President. I will be serving in the Auburn Zone, with Elder Brown! He is an amazing missionary. We will be serving in the Marshallese Branch, each meeting will be held in Marshalese so I will be striving to understand and speak the language better! I am saddened to leave Lakota Creek, I don't know that I have ever come to love a people as quickly as I did them. I will dearly miss the many families preparing to be baptized in the coming week! Those people consume my heart.
     Today I must again be brief and for that I apologize! We have been at the airport much of the day, and then training the new missionaries that have just arrived to the mission. We now have to hurry and pack my apartment and move my things in the remaining hour! I love the Lord. I yearn to serve Him with all my soul. Through Him will my soul be redeemed at the last day. Through Him have I come to find myself. This gospel is the light of my life. I love this work, I love it with every fiber of my soul. The world is waiting! Earnestly waiting the gospel of Jesus Christ! It is the only way to fill the voids that come from this troubled world. THIS IS THE TRUTH! This is the way home! Oh how I love to spread this great gospel and serve my Lord and Master Jesus Christ! I love you all! Have a great week!  And my love goes out to my brother Tanner who leaves for the MTC tomorrow!

Love,
Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment