Monday, July 16, 2012

What the world needs now...



     Good morning to all! I hope that all is well and that God is with you! I will be short in writing today. I am taking this emailing hour to spend time emailing my amazing brother Tanner before he leaves for his mission on Tuesday! I won't be able to talk with him in such a way for quite some time. 
     This week has been powerful and so inspiring. I have learned that we must love without end. “Charity is the greatest of all”, as Moroni tells us and the only thing that will never fail! Often times we have to deal with difficult people and difficult situations, but if we have charity, our love for them will never fail. We will look past human frailties, and short comings and truly love without end. Our Savior never questioned the intentions of others, or judged them in any way. He just loved. Served and loved. If we could all become like our Savior and love those around us, the world would blossom. Children would rise to their earthly callings, marriages would become a light in the home, and families would be eternally united.
     This week we received an inspiring call from Greg, who was baptized last month.  He left us this voicemail saying, “Hey Elders, I am out preaching the gospel. A neighbor just moved in across the street! He came and asked for my hammer. So I went and offered to help him with what he needed. As we were talking I asked if he had a church in the area yet, and he told me no. So I told him I was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and that he could ride with me and my family to church on Sunday! Can we cancel our appointment tomorrow, and instead just go teach him?” That we did! We taught Jay on Saturday. The most humble man! He came to church on Sunday, and will be baptized in August. I will never forget the smile on his face as he entered the chapel. I don’t know that he had ever had someone care for him the way Greg and His family have! Love is a great power  that can change the world.
     I love you all! I love serving the Lord. There were 11 investigators that came to sacrament meeting. Truly humbling and amazing. I know the Lord is at the head of this work! He is the power in the Universe that emulates complete and endless love. If only we can catch a bit of that love and be willing to look past the weaknesses of the world and uplift those around us. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment