Monday, July 30, 2012

Miracles never cease!

     Hello everyone!!!! This was just simply a miraculous and life changing week! I have felt the power of God like never before in my life. This new calling has been daunting at times, but I have come to know with an unshakeable understanding that Jesus is the Christ! He is the rock and center of my life. In all things He has never failed me. When hell seems to beat upon me, the strength and reassurance of my Savior has allowed me stand tall! Our Savior Jesus Christ lives! His power is real, and a tangeable thing. I have come to love Him with all of my soul! I will serve Him all of my life. For in Him do I grow, and have been molded into the man that God needs me to be! I love this new calling, I have grown so much in such a short time! I have learned the importance of serving God with all of your heart, might, mind and strength! This is the greatest work of all!
     Elder Brown is an amazing missionary! I have loved this past week serving with him! This work is much different here. It's like finding a needle in a haystack! I am used to running from door to door and car to car talking with everyone about the Gospel! Right now, we have to find through members and keep an eye on new people coming in off of the boat! We seek revelation daily in where we can go to find a home with Marshalese families. This is a wonderful adventure!

     My dear Brothers and Sisters, I wish to share two experiences in which I literally felt the power of God. On Thursday night Elder Brown and I went on exchanges with the Renton Zone Leaders! When I got in the car, Elder Williamson and I bowed our head and asked God that he would lead us to someone that night whom we could baptize! We went to an investigator that had showed up in their ward on Sunday! We had such a powerful lesson with him, and the spirit filled my soul. He committed to be baptized that very night! We hurried and ran around town preparing the ward for the baptism! The baptism was one of the most amazing scenes of my life. He came skipping from the font after he was baptized, with a smile as big as I had ever seen! He just smiled and said, "I feel so clean, and so good!" He is a wonderful man from Africa.   
     That night as we ran to the car following the baptism, my mind was filled with the scripture from Alma. "Now I say unto you that ye must, repent and be born again; for the spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness." And then He goes on to urge us, "Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin..." As I looked at that man during his service, I couldn't help but smile! This man did not fear giving up his sins! He wanted to be born again! I love our God, and Father in Heaven! For His plan is truly the plan of happiness! I testify that through following in His footsteps that have been layed before us, eternal happiness will flow! We must choose, but if we choose to fear not and lay aside every sin, we will be on that straight and narrow path!  We are in a fight against sin. Our loving Father in Heaven has given us every tool to ensure that we can win that battle!  I know that God and Christ live! Their work is a work of miracles! 
     Friday as Elder Brown and I got back together, we again bowed our head and asked that God would lead us to someone we could baptize that night! We went to a home of a Marshallese woman named Oberin! She had thought she was a member all along and had been to church for years! She was never baptized! With a smile on her face she agreed to being baptized that night! IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT! She smiled from ear to ear all the night long. I yearn for these moments to continue on forever. There is no greater joy than seeing a soul repent of their sins, and covenant with God to serve Him! That joy is one that I will never forget!
      I just want you all to know that I love you. I love you for your goodness in this troubled world. I love you for your example amid raging temptations! Thank you for your example and your courage. In your examples have I grown forever! There is so much to love and enjoy from everyone around us! I love you alll. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment